Wednesday, June 09, 2010

LA street food trucks



the expolosion of food trucks in the past year in LA is mind boggling. Thanks to twitter you can follow any of the food trucks any time you want. these trucks range from ones that have build your own ice cream sundae, to outrageously good taco trucks (thanks KOGI!) to buttermilk trucks whihc cook up anything with butter milk, to grilled cheese trucks to cuban food trucks... anything you want you can find, trust me.

ive been dying to hit up the grilled cheese truck forevs! the BF was going to take me to it on my bday, but they sceduled a private party. On saturdday night after my 23 year old cousin's bridal shower (yes age 23 and getting married... yes, she's going to miss out on life in my humble opinion seeing as i've been to 20 countries since age 23) anywhooooo, we headed on over to santa monica and got ourselves some really freaking good grilled cheese.

I got an original, i mean hey why stray from the sammy that started it all. I also got a small tomato soup. the BF got the Cheesy Mac and Rib - macaroni and cheese with sharp cheddar and bbq pork, caramelized onions. next time i'm getting the dessert melt: Roasted banana puree, Nutella and marshmallow. HOW AMAZING DOES THAT SOUND.

well, while doing research on the grilled cheese truck on sat. i found out that next week, like 15 of the different food trucks are going to be in the same location in glendale for a night! holy crap! my friends and i are def. heading up and hitting up all the different trucks and getting our grub on! so excited!

No comments: